Despite its vast potential and fast turnaround, the retail and consumer goods segment faces significant challenges in Brazil, mainly due to its complex tax laws.
We provide comprehensive legal assistance to clients in the sector, involving competitive aspects, tax consulting, tax litigation and prevention of litigation, customs advisory, labor litigation, labor dispute negotiations, the strategic consumer law, in addition to mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate law and company law, drafting and reviewing contracts, and real estate law.
Our advisory and consulting services include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- consulting on federal, state and municipal tax laws;
- customs advisory, involving the many aspects associated with foreign trade;
- labor consulting, prevention of litigation, and union-based negotiations;
- consulting on antitrust practices;
- consulting on the strategic consumer law.
We offer the services of our civil and tax litigation team, to work on legal and administrative proceedings, as well as arbitration processes. The labor litigation department also has considerable experience in the area, including in the representation of clients in Public Civil Suits and before the Public Labor Prosecutor’s Office.