The new content broadcasting platforms have entailed a considerable expansion of media and entertainment activities and, as a result, the institution of regulation for the sector.
We assist major players in the radio, television, music, cinema, and entertainment industries in Brazil, including communication outlets, companies specializing in hospitality and major events, in addition to movie producers and public relations agencies. With a multidisciplinary approach, albeit focusing on tax and contractual issues, we offer legal advisory and consulting services, encompassing:
- advisement on the licensing of contents and formats, distribution, production, financing, sponsorship and broadcasting contracts;
- drafting, review, and examination of sponsorship contracts, broadcasting rights, image, brand and product licensing agreements, among other specific instruments employed in the segment;
- legal support in the procurement of licenses, permissions, and in the relationship with the regulating bodies and public authorities, including ANCINE and ECAD;
- execution of studies and drafting of opinions concerning the rules applying to the media and entertainment segment in Brazil;
- planning and structuring, at the corporate and trade association levels, for the management of sports entities, promoting and producing cultural events and performances.
Our work in arbitration, administrative and court proceedings complements our portfolio.