The exponential growth in the circulation of goods and people has imposed stricter regulations in the shipping sector and their adjustment to international rules.
We provide consulting, planning and advisory services to investors as well as Brazilian and foreign legal entities engaging in a number of different segments in shipping sector (charter, oceanic navigation, shipyards, ship equipment and parts manufacturers, leasing companies, etc.), encompassing the following activities:
- drafting, analysis, and review of vessel building contracts, financing, vessel, platform, rig and ancillary equipment chartering agreements, supply, repair service agreements, among other complex instruments;
- examination of customs, tax and regulatory aspects of operations and transactions involving the maritime transport sector, including the applicability of the rules of international law;
- advisory in bid proceedings aiming the construction, transformation, modernization and chartering of vessels;
- structuring of vessel purchase and sale, leasing, and financing operations;
- corporate support in the organization of Brazilian Navigation Companies (EBNs), including the procurement of the licenses and permits required for their activities;
- assistance with tax and customs issues associated with ship cargo, and with the acquisition of hull, machinery, and P&I insurance.