The opening of the sector to foreign capital has made the life sciences and health sector very attractive. However, the interest in developing the segment exists alongside the challenges posed by its regulation.
Mindful of the multitude of legal issues associated with the life sciences and health sector, we offer multidisciplinary consulting and advisory services to Brazilian and foreign legal entities, including the following activities:
- advisement on a multitude of corporate operations, including mergers and acquisitions;
- support in bids and administrative contracts with public entities of the health sector;
- auditing of assets;
- risk assessment;
- advise, studies, and drafting of opinions on several issues, such as equipment imports, regulatory and tax matters, etc.;
- preparation and review of contracts concerning the health sector (licensing agreements, technology transfers, etc.);
- assistance in the regulation of tax issues, mitigating exposure to liabilities;
- legal support with the interface with regulating bodies and agencies (ANS, ANVISA, MAPA, etc.)
Our experience with clients in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries, as well as our work in litigation, in both court and administrative cases processed in the life sciences and health segment, are particularly relevant.